Rofique has over 20 years of experience specialising in Residential Property Law and Conveyancing. He deals with freehold and leasehold sale and purchase matters and is experienced with shared ownership properties, properties purchased with HTB Government schemes, ex-local authority properties, auction properties, repossession properties and lease extension on leasehold properties. Rofique also has extensive knowledge of the Land Registry guidelines and Stamp Duty Land Tax rules.
- Advising clients on residential sales, purchases, remortgages, transfer of equity and Lease extensions and Lease variations.
- Advising clients on more complex sales and purchase involving shared ownership leases, purchase with Help to Buy equity loans and sale of the same.
- Advising clients on company sales and purchases including overseas companies.
- Advising clients on sales and purchases by PRs, Attorneys and Executors.
- Advising clients on Tenancy issues, possession claims and proceedings.
- Advising clients and dealing with auction purchases.
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2023 – Present
- Phew Legal Services Ltd T/A Smart Legal 2010 – 2023
- SPS Law & Partners Solicitors 2007-2010
- O’Sullivan Law Solicitors 2005 – 2007
- Shanaz Ahmed & Co Solicitors 2002-2005
- T V Edwards Solicitors 2001 – 2002
- London Metropolitan University, LPC 2011 – credits for substantive and elective subjects (including property law and practice and professional conduct)
- University of Essex, LLB Honours
Rofique enjoys traveling, reading and follows cricket both domestic and international, having played local league cricket in his younger days. He is a trustee of two UK charities that support orphans and families in deprived Third World countries and is actively involved in various fundraising activities throughout the year