Katrina is a Partner and Head of the Private Client department. She has been in private practice for over 25 years, and over that period dealt with a wide variety of private client work. Katrina has extensive experience in pre-death estate planning, advising on and drafting complex and more simple Wills, setting up and advising on trusts, and dealing with probate and intestacy administration including insolvent estates and those with a foreign element. She also assists in managing the financial affairs of mentally incapacitated clients, to include Lasting Powers of Attorney and deputyships and making applications to the Court of Protection.
Katrina has a very personable, empathetic, and professional approach and aims to provide an efficient and cost-effective service for clients. She acts as a professional trustee and executor on matters and is regularly appointed as attorney or deputy on behalf of her clients.
- Advising trustees and assisting with an application to court to remove a Protective life interest element of a family trust;
- Acting as deputy including an application to court to sell the family home and finding appropriate accommodation after an eviction action;
- Acting as a trustee in a complex family dispute including a mediation and application to vary the Will Trust;
- Advising attorneys where capacity is in dispute and there are ongoing safeguarding issues;
- Dealing with an administration of a complex double-death estate with foreign assets;
- Advising the executor of a contested probate with a potentially invalid Will due to incapacity
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) – Full member
- Law Society Probate Section
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2018 – present
- Edwin Coe LLP 2001 – 2018
- Edward Lewis/FSI (now Howard Kennedy) 1999 – 2001
- Fladgate Fielder (now Fladgates LLP) 1995 – 1998
- Rowe & Maw (now Mayer Brown LLP) 1993 – 1995
- Beachcroft Stanleys (now DAC Beachcroft LLP) 1989 – 1991
- College of Law Guildford – LSF (Honours)
- London Guildhall University – CPE (part-time)
- Exeter University – Chemistry and Law Combined Honours – BSc
Katrina has a busy family life with two teenage children. She is a committee member for a local charity.