Emily joined the firm in September 2021 as a solicitor in the Churches and Charities Team. She specialises in advising on all aspects of charity governance including appointment and retirement of trustees, the process of conversion to a CIO, incorporation as a charitable company, applying to the Charity Commission for schemes, consent and all other applications as well as drafting a number of other governance related documents.
Emily also assists with the administration of the Sylvia Waddilove Foundation UK and provides pro-bono training to charities through PWW Solicitors training partners.
- Advising trustees on removing permanent endowment
- Advising trustees on the conversion of an unincorporated religious charity to a CIO
- Advising trustees of an educational organisation on incorporating as a CIO
- Advising a religious organisation on responding to a Subject Access Request
- Advising a number of unincorporated churches on their trust documents and provisions.
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2021 – present
- Lee Bolton Monier-Williams 2018 – 2021
- University of Law, Moorgate, LPC (2018)
- University of Law, Bloomsbury, LLB (2017)
- Charity Law Association
Emily enjoys reading, drinking coffee and walking in the countryside.