Aliya joined PWW in 2017 as a paralegal in the Churches and Charities team, before undertaking her training contract with the firm and qualifying as a solicitor in June 2020. She sits in the Charity Property department and advises charity clients on all property matters. Aliya also handles immigration matters for our charity clients.
- Advising the trustees of a will settlement on the sale of a ground rent portfolio in north-west England. The portfolio includes close to three hundred properties, which are a mixture of freehold and leasehold, residential, commercial and bare land
- Advising a religious charity on the sale of a disused chapel, including advice on property trusts, Charity Commission consent and unregistered land
- Advising members of religious orders on changes to their immigration status as a result of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union.
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2017- present
- Unitedlex – Paralegal 2017
- MDDUS – Legal Assistant 2016
- RMPI LLP – Paralegal 2015-2016
- Hodge Jones & Allen – Administrative Assistant 2014-2015
- University of Law, LPC 2013-2015
- College of Law, GDL 2012-2013
- Goldsmiths, University of London BA (Hons) Sociology 2008-2011
- Aliya is a member of the Association of Women Solicitors.
Aliya loves travelling, photography and music. She also volunteers for a charity which supports disadvantaged children in the northern province of Sri Lanka.