Sumeyye is currently embarking on her first seat as a Trainee Solicitor within the Property department. Prior to commencing her Traineeship she assisted with the provision of services to clients in the Church and Charity department. She revised governing documents for charities, submitted applications for charity registration, and conducted due diligence for grant applicants. She assessed charity trust deeds, provided reports and prepared first registration applications for charities.
Prior to joining the firm, Sumeyye was a paralegal in the Public Inquiries team of the Government Legal Department working on statutory and non-statutory inquiries. She also has experience of drafting insolvency petitions involving high profile individuals and advocating on behalf of HMRC in insolvency cases at the Royal Courts of Justice.
- Assisting with due diligence processes for prospective association/charity donations
- Assisting with compulsory applications for first registration where charity registration of title is mandatory
- Assisting with applications to the Charity Commission for a scheme to change the charity governing document
- Assisting with drafting Wills and Gift Aid Declarations from a donor to a charity
- Assisting in the charity structure by incorporating an unincorporated association or trust to a charitable company or CIO
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2022 – present
- Government Legal Dept 2021 – 2022
- HMRC 2016 – 2019
- Citizens’ Advice Bureau 2015 – 2016
- University of Law, Bloomsbury, LLM 2020
- University of Law, Bloomsbury, LPC 2019
- University of East London, LLB 2014-2016
Sumeyye enjoys travelling, reading, eating tasty food, drinking iced caramel lattes and listening to music she does not understand.