Zainab is a Trainee Solicitor currently in her final seat with PWW, sitting in the Private Client team. She joined the firm as a Paralegal in 2019 before starting her training contract. As a Paralegal, she sat in the property team, assisting with a wide range of property work including residential conveyancing, lease extensions, charity property and commercial sales and purchases.
During her training contract, she has undertaken seats in the Churches & Charities, Property and Dispute Resolution teams.
– Church and Charities seat:
- Assisting with charity registrations
- Preparing pre-merger vesting declarations for charitable incorporated organisations
- Supporting fee earners with charity property transactions, including first registrations and buying and selling of land held on charitable trusts
- Assisting clients with immigration work, including applying to the Home Office for Tier 2 visas in respect of overseas workers of UK based religious organisations
- Participating in webinars and presentations in collaboration with organisations such as One Westminster, the FSI and the Small Charities Coalition
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors – Trainee Solicitor June 2020 to present
- Pothecary Witham Weld – Paralegal 2019 – 2020
- The Law Society – Technical Co-ordinator 2018-2019
- Belmont and Lowe – Legal Assistant 2016-2018
- University of Law, LLM LPC 2017-2019
- City University of London, LLB 2013-2016
Zainab enjoys painting, calligraphy and blogging. She has spent time as a volunteer at Citizens Advice Westminster and participated in pro-bono representation in an Environmental Law Clinic. Zainab is an editor at The Student Lawyer and currently volunteers at STRIVE mentoring aspiring solicitors.