Emily is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Private Client team. She specialises in advising clients on all types of estate planning, including the preparation of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts and Inheritance Tax Planning; together with all types of estate administration including probate and intestacy applications.
- Assisting and advising the beneficiaries of a contentious probate matter involving a Will which included a mutual Wills clause and subsequent Wills made by the surviving spouse
- Assisting and advising the owner of a large art collection in relation to a gift of pre-eminent items to the nation under the HMRC acceptance in lieu scheme, in payment of inheritance tax
- Meeting with a longstanding client to discuss her wishes after a neighbour had telephoned to say that she wanted to make gifts to him and other friends. Assessing the situation during the meeting and several phone calls and concluding that these were the neighbour’s wishes and not those of our client.
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2017 – present
- Edwin Coe LLP 2015 – 2017
- Cripps LLP 2008 – 2015
- CILEx Law School – Level 6 diploma in Law and Practice 2019
- CILEx Law School – Level 3 diploma in Law and Practice 2016
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Affiliate member of STEP
Emily enjoys travelling and socialising with friends.