Alessandra is the Grant Management and Administration Executive in the Churches and Charities team. She manages financial controls and compliance with all statutory and regulator requirements as well as the grant processes of charitable trusts and foundations. Any registered charity can count on Alessandra to represent them and meet their operational and administrative needs.
Alessandra manages the full grant cycle and specialises in assessing applications for funding, carrying out due diligence for future grantees and monitoring supported projects. She works with well-established charities as well as newly formed charities. She is very experienced with setting up operational, administrative and accounting systems as well as governing policies that are essential for any charity’s accountability to their donors, staff, supporters and ultimately fulfil the Charity Commission’s requirements.
Prior to fulfilling this role Alessandra worked in international development as Programme Manager and Country Representative in many African countries.
Current Charities administered
- The Sheldon Trust
- The Field Family Charitable Trust
- The Veneziana Fund
- The Simpson Foundation
- The West-Eastern Divan Trust
- Miss Leigh’s Trust
- Bishop Stanley Residuary Trust
- The Clockwork Foundation
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2016 – present
- Carbon Smart 2015 – 2016
- Hope for Children 2012 – 2014
- CAFOD 2007 – 2012
- International Medical Corps 2004 – 2007
- Various national NGOs in South Africa and Eritrea 2000 – 2004
- University of Leeds, MA (Hons) in Development Studies 2002
- SOAS, University of London, BA (Hons) African Studies 1991
- Various certificate and diplomas in programme management (Prince 2), Monitoring and Evaluation, Financial Management for NGOs and Small Businesses
Alessandra enjoys spending time with her family and friends, singing, cooking and exploring the English countryside. She is also a Trustee of the Friends of Burstow Primary School in Surrey, attended by her son.