Alan was appointed to the position of Charity Grants Finance Executive in the Churches and Charities Team at PWW in May 2022.
His principal role is to work collaboratively with the Grants Management & Administration Executive and to deliver timely and high quality bookkeeping and financial management and reporting services to the firm’s Charity, Trust and Foundation clients.
Alan’s duties extend to the provision of support, assistance and advice on all aspects of the financial control and governance to trustees of grant making bodies and to help them meet their obligations to charity regulators and HMRC as well as compliance, if applicable , with Company Law.
Current Charities Supported
- The Sheldon Trust
- The Field Family Charitable Trust
- The Veneziana Fund
- The Simpson Foundation
- The West-Eastern Divan Trust
- Miss Leigh’s Trust
- Bishop Stanley Residuary Trust
- The Clockwork Foundation
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Pothecary Witham Weld inc. Haslam & Payne Solicitors 2022 – present
- The Joseph Rank Trust 2015 – present
- Association of Optometrists – 2001-2015
- Poseidon Group – 1984 – 2001
Alan is very keen on all sports especially cricket, which he still enjoys playing. He is a keen gardener and enjoys travel, especially to the USA and also to Ireland where he has a number of relatives.