The firm of Pothecary Witham Weld was created following the merger of Pothecary & Barratt and Witham Weld in 2006. Prior to that date both firms had enjoyed long interesting histories.
Witham Weld can trace its origins back to 1791, when two Catholic lawyers set up in practice as Barrett & Eysta in Fig Court, London. Since then the firm continued its strong associations with the Catholic Church, acting on a range of legal matters.
Pothecary & Barratt was founded in 1928 when Martin Pothecary and Chester Barratt joined forces with premises in King William Street in London. The firm retained an office in the City of London until the merger with Witham Weld, together with an office in the market town of Bishop’s Stortford in Hertfordshire.
Both firms were highly regarded in providing advice to charities and religious institutions and this shared expertise has led Pothecary Witham Weld to be recognised as a leader in these areas.
A modern and successful law firm, Pothecary Witham Weld offers a range of specialised legal services whilst maintaining its traditional values. Located in a residential square in Pimlico in south west London, the firm is at the heart of the community and well placed to provide legal services to residents and businesses in the local area together with those further afield.
The following pages set out in detail the range of services offered by the firm and an introduction to our legal team.